Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Matt Dayton, Franchisee of ASP Macon and Fayetteville

Matt Dayton of ASP

Franchisee since: 2007
Locations: Macon and Fayetteville, GA

Q: Where are you from originally?
A: I grew up in Barnesville but I’ve lived in Macon for years.

Q: Before franchising, what did you do?
A: I’ve been with ASP since my senior year in college at Mercer University.

Q: How did you hear about ASP?
A: I’d known Stewart [Vernon] since my junior year in high school. I knew he had owned a pool company and heard it had been doing well, so I asked him about a job opportunity. I started cleaning pools with about 6 credit hours to go before graduation. Back then, I had extra time and enjoyed the extra money, but I didn’t go into it with the intention of buying my own franchise.

Q: What specific steps did you take in validating ASP?
A: It was pretty easy to see the potential of ASP had when you look at its competition. There are some really good pool companies out there, but people appreciate good customer service with their pool service. I saw that ASP provided not only a fantastic product but was friendly and helpful as well.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: I started out cleaning pools for the first 3-4 years, and I’ve never gotten away from that. I like being outside and being my own boss. I also like working with customers and building relationships. Those relationships are really what set us apart from other pool companies.

Q: What have been some career milestones for you/your business?
A: After becoming the sole owner of the Macon location in 2007, I opened another franchise in Fayette County in 2008. This year, we had the honor of winning the highest grossing sales award of the entire ASP system for the Macon location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics