Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Jef Flournoy, Franchisee of Augusta, GA

Opened: March, 2008
Location: Augusta, GA

Q: Where are you originally from?
A: Macon, Georgia

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
A: Before franchising with ASP, I worked as a middle school teacher for five years in Macon and coached the High School and Middle School soccer teams. After that, I worked for a year and a half as a banker in Macon before I began looking into business opportunities that provided a quicker paced environment. My wife wanted to further her education and decided to go back to Dental School, so we moved to Augusta. When exploring possible career changes and business opportunities, I began looking into a business I could own and operate on my own, which led me to ASP.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?
A: I learned about ASP initially through the now President and CEO of ASP, Stewart Vernon, who is a friend of mine. I loved the business model and was interested starting my own business when we moved to Augusta. After seeing the success that Stewart had in Macon in only a few years, I decided that ASP would be a great addition to the market, bringing professionalism and reliability.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: The ASP brand was a great opportunity to open a business of my own when we moved to Augusta. It gave me the freedom to be my own boss, starting with one truck where I could operate all of the initial operations by myself. Now that I’ve established ASP in the Augusta market, I can add employees according to demand, giving me the opportunity to operate and manage my own business.

Q: What have been some career milestones for you/your business?
A: After opening ASP in March of 2008, I have been able to increase sales every year, including from year 1 to 2, increasing total sales by 95%. We have been able to grow mainly through word of mouth, due to our professional approach to pool maintenance.

Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?
A: Right now my main goal is to hire and employee the best staff possible, provide superior service that our competitors and to be at $500,000 in sales by 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics