Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Marsh Flatau, Franchisee of Birmingham, AL


View Larger Map

Opened: February 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL

Q: Where are you originally from?
A: I grew up in Macon, Ga., before moving to Birmingham about a year ago.

Q: Before Franchising, what did you do?
A: I was waiting tables at J. Christopher’s.

Q: How did you hear about ASP?
A: Being from Macon and knowing Stewart Vernon, I had been hearing about how successful ASP was for almost five years and I didn’t want to miss out.

Q: What specific steps did you take in validating ASP as a brand?
A: I was fed up with the economy and finding a job in Macon was proving to be extremely difficult for a 26 year old. After considering what was available, I decided to give Stewart a call about a possible business opportunity. To find out some more about the brand, I called other franchise owners and they were all happy with the company. That positive feedback, along with the reputation for success ASP had in Macon, really assured me that this was the right decision.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: ASP has never had a location fail, so it was obvious from the start that their business plan was a pretty good one. I was also very impressed with the level of support ASP gave me as I got the Birmingham location up and running. The great business partnerships that allow us to buy discounted supplies is a nice perk.
Q: What have been some career milestones for you/your business?
A: I received the 2010 award for Best New Franchise Start, which is given to the franchise with the highest sales of all new stores.

Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?
A: Right now, I’m focusing on my first location, but if I keep having the success I am right now there’s no reason not to open somewhere else. I think having multiple franchises is definitely a possibility five years down the road.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see this guy took a chance and got somewhere. I mean he was waiting tables before and he seized the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics