Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Franchisee Bio: Bob Love of Corpus Christi, TX


View Larger Map

Franchisee since: March 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Bob spent thirty years in the financial industry until he grew tired of the corporate culture and decided to venture out on his own. With a lifelong love of working outside and meeting new people, ASP offered the perfect opportunity for him to become his own boss. Bob opened in Corpus Christi in March, 2011.

Q: Where are you from originally?
A: I grew up in Pensacola, Florida, and since then I’ve lived in Atlanta and Houston and have been in Corpus Christi for going on five years now.

Q: Before franchising, what did you do?
A: After serving in the Navy for four years, I went to college and then entered the world of corporate accounting. I’ve been a Controller, CFO or General Manager for 30 years as well as owned my own businesses on the side. I’ve worked for businesses ranging from family-owned ventures to multi-billion dollar conglomerates, but I always seemed to run into the same problem: I’d help put a deal together for the company as it was getting bought out and then discover the new owners wanted their own CFO in my position. I’ve heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Realizing that, I decided I was done with bosses.

Q: How did you hear about ASP?
A: After leaving corporate accounting, I began looking at all kinds of different businesses, some of which were franchises. I narrowed down my options to the pool business because it fit my needs, wants and gifts. I’ve always wanted to work outside and I enjoy meeting people, both of which I could do in the pool industry. Originally, I wanted to buy and existing pool route (maintenance customers), but found it would be too expensive. I ran across ASP one day while researching pool companies and thought it would be a much better option than starting out solo.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: What really attracted me to ASP was the vision Stewart and Tom have. I wanted to get on that train and have all their experience to draw from. I also liked the tremendous support and expertise I saw from other franchisees. It felt like a family atmosphere and just clicked. The professional way that ASP goes about things is what I’ve been doing for 30 years, just in a different field, so I felt at home with their philosophy.

Q: How do you see ASP connecting with your local community?
A: Although I just opened, I have a lot of plans for groups I’d like to get more involved with. I’ve worked with the Driscoll Children Hospital in the past and hope to continue supporting them. Growing up and living on the Gulf coast is also very important to me, so I feel very strongly about taking care of the coastline. There are two organizations, the Coastal Conservation Association and the Saltwater Fisheries Enhancement Association, that I’d like to help out in the future.

Q: What are your expansion plans?
A: I absolutely want to grow. I’d like to get to the point where I have a manager for both maintenance and service so I can go out and grow the company, whether within my own territory or in new areas. I’m always thinking about new growth and getting some good people to run it for me so I can keep going out there and meeting and greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics