Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Jimmie Meece and Ashley Moore of Clemson, SC


View Larger Map

Jimmie was among the first franchisees in the ASP system when he opened in 2005. Since then, he’s seen the company thrive not only in Clemson but throughout the Southeast. Jimmie was appointed the Vice President of Franchise Development by CEO Stewart Vernon in late 2010. Kept busy by his new role, Jimmie brought in long-time friend and Clemson native Ashley Moore to help him run day-to-day operations.

Q: What have been some milestones for your business?
Jimmie: We were recognized for a 13 percent sales increase from 2009, and a lot of that is due to customer service. It’s so important to be professional in anything you do, but particularly in an industry that has developed a poor reputation for customer service. The fact that we’ve been able to go through the hardest economic time that anyone in our generation has seen and not only survive but thrive with a 13 percent sales increase truthfully shows how well we’ve done with customer service, communicating with the customer and making sure that they’re happy with our services.

Q: What are some of your duties as Vice President of Franchise Development?
Jimmie: The position was really created because of the explosive growth of ASP. Over the last 5 years, we’ve seen some many new franchisees come on that it became obvious we needed to strengthen our internal support structure. My main task as VP of Franchise Development is providing technical support and business coaching for our franchisees. A lot of my responsibilities require me to be on the road quite a bit, so I’m typically out of the office three days a week or more. That’s why I brought Ashley on to handle the things for me in Clemson.

Q: How did you get involved with ASP?
Ashley: I’ve known Jimmie since I was 11 or 12. We have a friendship that extends beyond our business relationship. I was working in the banking industry but decided to leave when everything was being switched around due to the economy. I felt it was the perfect time to seek out a new opportunity and it was a good time for Jimmie as well since he had just taken on his new responsibilities. I’m excited to be involved because my natural market is here in Clemson and I’ve got great contacts with property managers and homeowners.

Q: What are some of your goals for 2011?
Ashley: We want to deepen our client relationships in the Clemson market. There’s a lot of competition in our industry but I want to make sure that when people think of anything pool related, they think of us. We’re coming off a very strong year in 2010 but I’d like to push for at least a 15 percent increase in sales by the end of 2011. We’ve already doubled sales in February, so we’re well on our way.

Jimmie: We definitely have room to growth. There are parts of Oconee and Anderson County that we haven’t even touched. With Ashley’s experience with finances in addition to his connections and work ethic, I think ASP Clemson is going to have another great year. I’m really excited to see it unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics