Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Lee Greer of Spartanburg, SC


View Larger Map

Lifelong Spartanburg resident and entrepreneur Lee Greer was introduced to ASP through a nephew. With a history in the pool industry, the brand seemed like a natural fit. Lee opened in Spartanburg on March 28 with another nephew, Matt Trail, managing day-to-day operations.

Q: Before franchising, what did you do?
A: I’ve owned my own heating and air conditioning company since 1985. Before that I was with Design pools, where I built swimming pools and did pool maintenance and repair. I’ve worked in the service industry in Spartanburg all my adult life and am always looking for new opportunities.

Q: How did you hear about ASP?
A: I first learned about ASP through my nephews, Hal and George. Hal, a broker, and George, an attorney, are friends with Stewart [Vernon] and Tom [Swift] and have done a lot of work for ASP.

At a family gathering, Hal suggested I look into the company because of my history in the pool industry. He explained more about their philosophy and business model and it sounded like something I’d want to pursue.


Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: The main thing was the startup cost. For most franchises, you have to have a million dollars to get started, but not with ASP. They’re very affordable and have good profit margins. I also liked the plan ASP provides their franchisees. They pretty much guarantee that if you follow the program, you will make money. As someone with experience in the industry, I can look at their model and know that’s true.

Q: How do you see yourself connecting with the community?
A: I’ve lived in Spartanburg since I was 6 so I’m very community oriented. I’m an active member of the Sertoma Club, a service organization benefitting the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind, and plan to continue supporting them as an ASP owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics